How to make an event public on facebook – In today’s post, I’m going to show you create or edit a facebook event. See: how to create, edit or publish post drafts on facebook page
In fact, this article will expose you to the techniques on how to make an event public on Facebook.
So if you’re in dire need of a guide on how to make facebook event public, this article got you covered.
Let’s get started!
Facebook event is a feature that lets Facebook users alert their friends and loved ones about an important event in their life.
Interestingly, facebook users can create an event on facebook and invite people to it.
There are basically two types of events on facebook. They are:
- Private facebook event
- Public facebook event
This post is all about how to create both private and public events on facebook step by step.
How to Make an Event Public on Facebook is very simple and easy.
However, before we shall get into that, let’s consider how to create a public event on facebook as well as a facebook private event.
Before you proceed further, note that it is only Facebook Pages, not personal profiles that can create recurring events on the Facebook social media platform.
How to Create a Public Event on Facebook Via PC
The steps involved in how to create a public event on Facebook are very simple and easy.
Here is how to:
- Type Facebook.com in your browser and click on the enter button to continue to your facebook profile
- Go to the left column of your Facebook news feed and click on the Events button
- Locate at the top right or at the left column of the page and you should the +Create Event Button click on it
- Next, you’ll need to select Create Public Event. Bear in mind that the term public event implies that anyone on Facebook will be able to see your event and search for it, even if you are not friends. Another thing that you must note here is that when once you’ve created a public event on Facebook, you won’t be able to change it to private later.
- Now, you’ll need to fill in the event name, location, date, time and description.
- Type and select keywords about your public event so it can be better recommended to people who are interested in that topic (example: Food festival).
- Finally, you’ll need to choose the people that can edit and post in your Facebook event. Once you’re done doing that, click on the Create button at the bottom right of the box.
- On performing step 7 above, you’ll be taken to your Facebook event where you can invite guests, upload photos, add a cover photo or video, share posts and edit event details.
That is how to create a public event on facebook.
How To Create A Private Event On Facebook Fast
Unlike public events on facebook, it is only invited guests that would be able to see your Facebook event.
Once you’ve created a Facebook private event, you won’t be able to change it to public anymore.
To create a private event on facebook, do the following:
- Click on the events icon at the left column of your Facebook newsfeed
- Click on the blue Create Event option
- Select Create Private Event from the dropdown menu
- Next, a box will appear. Fill in the event name, location, date, time and description.
- Finally, locate at the bottom right corner of the dialog box and click Create.
- On performing the above step 5, you will be taken to your Facebook event where you can invite guests, upload photos, add a cover photo or video, share posts and edit event details.
That is how to create a private event on facebook fast.
Now, let’s also consider how to edit a facebook event you’ve already created on facebook.
How To Edit Events On Facebook Now
If you’ve already created an event on facebook and wish to add somethings to it, you can follow the below guide to figure out how to edit facebook event.
- Log onto your Facebook account
- Click on the events icon at the left column of your Facebook page
- Click edit on the event you wish to modify
- Now, you may need to change the event name, location, time, description or co-hosts.
- Finally, click Save and you’re done
That is how to edit events on facebook step by step. Bear in mind that Facebook public event creators can change the date and time after creation, but may not be able to if the event is within a couple of days.
How to Make an Event Public on Facebook
Unfortunately, once you’ve created an event on Facebook, you can’t change the privacy settings.
That is to say that if you created a public event, you can’t change it to a private event on facebook.
So the only solution to How to Make an Event Public on Facebook at the moment pending when facebook will implement it is to delete your old event and create a new one.
In other words, perhaps you created a public event on Facebook, whereby you wanted to create a private event, you’ll need to delete the public event and then create a private event again.
So if you’re looking for a guide on how to make an event public on Facebook, you’ll need to follow the above guide to create either a public or a private event.
If you wish to create a public event, bear in mind that there is no facebook feature that addresses how to make facebook event public at the moment.
How To Delete Event On Facebook
Before you proceed below, let me stress here that there is no facebook feature that allows you to recover deleted events.
In other words, once you’ve deleted an event on facebook, you will not be able to restore the event. If you delete an event by accident, you must create a new event.
And that when you cancel an event on facebook, you will no longer be able to make changes to it, but people will still be able to post.
When you delete an event, everything will be deleted and no one will be able to post.
To delete an event you no longer want on Facebook, you can follow the below guide.
- Login your facebook account
- Navigate to your facebook event page and click Edit.
- Locate and click Cancel Event in the bottom left.
- Next, you’ll need to click Cancel Event or Delete Event.
- Finally, click Confirm and your event will be deleted from facebook
Once that is done successfully, Facebook will send a notification to everyone who was invited to the event and hasn’t already declined or removed themselves from the invite.
I hope how to make an event public on facebook was helpful.
Please share this article with your friends and loved ones.